miércoles, 12 de agosto de 2015




Dear Discovery School Families,
Welcome to a new school year here at Discovery School.This year holds many opportunities for learning and sharing experiences for all our Discovery community.  We share as a common goal to work together as a team to achieve what’s best for your children, our students.

I feel honored to be working with you as the Guidance and Career Counselor this year. I am married and have two small girls who are students in our school. This is my 22nd year in education. I’ve worked abroad in countries including El Salvador and Germany. I am proud to be part of Discovery and believe in making a difference in children´s education and lives.  I am also a firm believer that every child has the ability to learn as long as he or she is exposed to a variety of teaching methods which instill in them a desire to learn and succeed in every task they engage in. I love working with children and playing an important role in education.

Throughout the year I look forward to meet all our new community members as well as our returning parents. Communication is the key for success this year; therefore, I invite all new families to make an appointment to see me to help you make this transition a smooth one. I would also like to meet with all seniors and their parents individually before the September holiday. You can contact Ms. Carolina Matute or e-mail me at mzambrana@discoveryschool.edu.hn to arrange a meeting.

To help us build a stronger bond between school and parents, we invite you to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience if you can in topics such as:
·         healthy habits
·         nutrition and fitness
·         setting short term and long term goals ( personal and academic)
·         motivational practices
·         physical and behavioral changes
·         acquiring study and organization skills

Please e-mail me if you are interested in speaking to our students and/or parents on the topics above mentioned.

My doors are open to each of the Discovery families. Please feel free to contact me at any time this school year. I look forward to a great 2015-2016 year.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Marilís Zambrana Beckmann

Guidance and Career Counselor

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario