Get a sense of your child’s life at school by asking questions that elicit more than a one-word response. Try one of these conversation starters:
- Tell me about the best part of your day.
- What was the hardest thing you had to do today?
- Did any of your classmates do anything funny? Tell me about what you read in class.
- Who did you play with/hang out with today? What did you do? Do you think ________(insert subject here) is too hard?
- What’s the biggest difference between this year and last year?
- What rules are different at school than at home? Do you think they’re fair?
- Who did you sit with at lunch?
- Can you show me something you learned or did today?
Shared from http://www.thelearningcommunity.us