About Florida Tech
2013–2014 Fact Card
Florida Institute of Technology
College of Engineering • College of Science • College of Aeronautics • College of Psychology and Liberal Arts • Nathan M. Bisk College of Business and Department of Extended Studies • Online Learning
In 1958 to provide advanced education for professionals working in the space program at what is now Kennedy Space Center.
In Melbourne, Fla., on 130 subtropical acres, including the picturesque Botanical Garden.
The campus is located very close to the Indian River, the Atlantic Ocean and is less than an hour from Kennedy Space Center.
OF SPECIAL NOTE
• Among the top 200 universities in the world according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings
• The only independent, technological university in the Southeast
• A Barron's Guide “Best Buy” in College Education
• Ranked as a Tier 1 Best National University by U.S. News & World Report
• Named one of the nation’s top technological institutions in the Fiske Guide to Colleges
• Cited by Washington Monthly College Rankings as among universities contributing to the public good
• Among top Southeastern colleges according to Princeton Review ratings
• Named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Colleges
• Graduates’ midcareer salaries ranked at the top of the list for Florida in
• PayScale.com’s 2013 College Salary Report
• The university’s Ortega 0.8-m Telescope is one of the largest research telescopes in the Southeast
• Included among “The 25 ‘Boatiest’ Schools in America” by BoatU.S. Magazine
• Named by “Surfline” as one of the 10 best surf schools in America
• Ranked by G.I. Jobs as among the top 15% of colleges and universities
Total University Budget: Approximately $200 million
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT COSTS PER YEAR
Science and Engineering $35,460
Other Disciplines $32,310
Room and Board $10,520
Books (estimate) $1,200
Undergraduate programs in science, engineering, aeronautics, business, humanities, mathematics, psychology, communication and education (science and mathematics); master's programs in science, engineering, aviation, business, mathematics, psychology, behavior analysis, communication and education (computer, environmental, mathematics, science and informal science and teaching); and doctoral programs in science, engineering, mathematics, psychology, behavior analysis and science and mathematics education.