Located on a classic New England campus just minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars and creative thinkers.
Bentley University is one of the nation's leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader and one with the deep technical skills, the broad global perspective and the high ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. To achieve our goal, we infuse our advanced business curriculum with the richness of a liberal arts education. The results are graduates who are making an impact in their chosen fields and turning their passions into success stories. Located on a classic New England campus just minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars and creative thinkers.
Today, the challenges of a rapidly changing world have made business skills and experiences hot commodities. More students are considering business as the foundation of their higher education experience, and considering Bentley in the process. With our unique blend of business, technology and the liberal arts, Bentley, a private, not-for-profit institution, provides students with relevant, practical and transferable skills.
At Bentley, we blend the breadth and technological strength of a large university with the values and student focus of a small college. Students interested in business professions choose from a wide range of programs that address all functional areas including accountancy, finance, marketing, management and liberal arts — all anchored in technology.
Campus and Location
- Set on 163 acres in Waltham, Massachusetts
- Minutes west of Boston
- Free daily shuttle from campus to Harvard Square in Cambridge
- Undergraduate students: 4,168 full time; 140 part time
- Average undergraduate class size: 26
- Approximately 81 percent of full-time undergraduates live on campus
- Graduate students: 1,401
- Average graduate class size: 21
- PhD students: 43
- International students represent 13 percent of the undergraduate student population, 24 percent of the graduate students including PhD candidates
- More than 276 full- and 184 part-time faculty members, who teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels
- 82 percent hold doctoral degrees
- Professors are accessible, committed to excellent teaching and advising as well as to pursuing research and scholarship in their field
- Many have significant experience in the business world
- Faculty-student ratio is 1 to 14
- As a business university, Bentley distinctively "fuses" business and the arts & sciences and provides international leadership in business education and research.
- Bentley is a leader in promoting ethical and socially responsible enterprise and the critical role of information and communication technology in achieving sustainable high performance.
- Bachelor of science degrees in 11 business fields; bachelor of arts degrees in five arts and sciences disciplines
- The graduate school emphasizes the impact of technology on business practice and offers PhD programs in Business and Accountancy, an MBA with 7 areas of concentration, an integrated MS+MBA, seven Master of Science degrees, and custom executive education programs.
Tuition and Fees for 2014-2015
- Undergraduate: Tuition is $42,511, including all mandatory fees. Room and board costs vary depending on type of housing and meal plan.
- Graduate: Tuition for each three-credit MBA and Master of Science course is $3,915.
- Based on a survey completed six months after graduation, more than 95 percent of responding Bentley students find professional employment or enroll in graduate school
- Recruiting programs bring more than 1,200 job opportunities to students each year
- Almost 90 percent of students take on at least one professional internship while at Bentley; more than 60% complete more than one
- Workshops, individualized advising, and resource materials help students fine-tune career goals
- Many of Bentley's 44,500 alumni serve as contacts and resources for students through panel discussions, informational interviews and a mentor program