Follow these Do’s and Don’ts of homework with your kids to make the most of their learning time at home:
- Provide quiet study time in a well-lit place.
- Be available to encourage, praise, advise, and supervise.
- Monitor your child’s understanding of concepts and skills.
- Check work for accuracy, neatness, and completeness.
- Provide related home-learning experiences to reinforce concepts learned at school.
- Cooperate with and be supportive of the child’s teacher.
- Help your child make education a top priority during his/her school years. Show by example that learning can be exciting and fulfilling.
- Do the child’s homework for him/her.
- Make excuses or allow the child to make excuses for incomplete or sloppy work.
- Change, criticize, or belittle a teacher’s assignments. If there’s a problem, talk to the teacher.
- Allow the child to skip an assignment he/she doesn’t like.
- Fill the child’s life with so many non-school activities there is no time left for homework or play. Relieve the child of responsibility for getting homework back to school on time.
Shared from http://www.thelearningcommunity.us